International Training Center
NSCEDI provides training for specialists (physicians, biologists, veterinarians, etc.) and laboratory assistants at advanced training courses and trainings with the issuance of state-issued certificates on the following topics:
- Retraining of physicians for especially dangerous infections (pathogenicity group I-II microorganisms) — 864 hours / 16 weeks
- Retraining of biologists (432 hours / 8 weeks), veterinarians (378 hours / 7 weeks; 270 hours / 5 weeks) and other specialists in especially dangerous infections (pathogenicity groups II-IV microorganisms)
- Advanced training of physicians, biologists and other specialists in especially dangerous infections-108 hours/2 weeks
- Advanced training «International standards for laboratory animal husbandry. Experiments with laboratory animals» – 1 working week (54 hours)
- Advanced training «Geo-information technologies in epidemiological surveillance of infectious diseases» – 1 working week (54 hours)
- Advanced training «Fundamentals of Biosafety and biosecurity in the laboratory» — 1 working week (54 hours)
- Advanced training «Advanced course on Biosafety and biosecurity in the laboratory. International Biosafety standards” – 2 working weeks (108 hours)
- Field lectures, seminars on specific topics (selected questions on epidemiology, microbiology, immunology, laboratory diagnostics of quarantine and dangerous zoonotic infections (plague, anthrax, tularemia, cholera, brucellosis, yersiniosis, pasteurellosis and listeriosis)
The educational process consists from lectures, seminars and practical classes. The training center is provided with equipment, educational tools and collection materials for lectures and practical classes. There is an equipped bacteriological hall for 30 people. The teaching staff consists of highly qualified specialists with personal experience in scientific and practical work with quarantine and zoonotic infections.
The purpose of retraining courses is to prepare each specialist to the level necessary for conducting independent epizootological, epidemiological, clinical and laboratory research. The curriculum of retraining includes the following theoretical and practical sections:
- General microbiology, epidemiology and immunology of pathogens of dangerous infectious diseases
- Operating mode for especially dangerous infections. Techniques and methods of bacteriological and immunological research
- Laboratory diagnostics, clinic, epizootology and epidemiology of quarantine and zoonotic infections (plague, cholera, anthrax, tularemia, brucellosis, yersiniosis, listeriosis, pasteurellosis)
- Systematics and ecology of rodents
- Systematics and ecology of ectoparasites
The purpose of the advanced training courses is to train specialists in new and improved theoretical and practical achievements in the field of microbiology, immunology, epidemiology and laboratory diagnostics of quarantine and zoonotic infections, as well as to deepen and systematize existing professional knowledge.
How to complete the training
Enrollment to the training courses carried out at the request of the contracting authority (for institutions of sanitary-epidemiological service of Kazakhstan on budgetary basis) or contract. For information about courses and dates, please call +7 (727) 2233821, ext. 169, 135, Nurgul Karymsakova.
For accommodation, students are provided with a hostel.
State license for educational activities of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan №0000699 from April 26, 2004.
NSCEDI carries out activities in the field of health care, including in the field of medical complementary education in accordance with sub-paragraph 6, paragraph 14, Chapter 3 of the Charter, approved by the order of the acting Director Chairman of the State Property and Privatization Committee of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated October 31, 2019 № 1154.